The interview process can be daunting, but it doesn’t need to be as scary as it sometimes seems. When we’re interviewing for recruiter jobs at Amoria Bond, we don’t aim to catch people out with complicated questions that they’re unprepared for – we want to see people at their very best and give them the same kind of support that they can enjoy if they come to work for us.
So, as an internal recruiter, I thought it might be helpful to share some advice and interview tips for candidates who are keen to secure a role in recruitment. These small tips should help give you an insight into what we’re looking for when we interview new recruitment consultants so that you can prepare properly and have the best chance of landing your dream job in recruitment.
This is one of the most important attributes we look for in recruitment; we want to hear about what you want to get out of life. And remember that this is ultimately a sales role, with commission and benefits, so don’t hold back: tell us money-hungry you are! Talk about your dreams, your financial goals, your desired lifestyle – because being in recruitment can make all that a reality.
Here are some good questions to consider before your interview:
• What does being successful in recruitment look like to you?
• How would your life look if you were one of our top billing consultants earning a six-figure salary each year?
• How much do you want to earn in year 1 and beyond?
• Why do you want to be successful in recruitment? What are your financial goals?
There’s no getting around it – recruitment can be a tough job, and it takes someone who can fully embrace a success mindset to do well. So examples of resilience are really important to us: we need to know you have got what it takes to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment.
Recruitment is a very rewarding job, but when things don’t go your way, you must be able to bounce back and have the drive to get the results no matter how tough your day has been. My advice would be to consider these points before your interview:
• What have been your biggest setbacks? How did you overcome these?
• Think about a time when you have been disappointed. What happened? How did you turn this around?
• What has been your biggest failure? What positive outcomes have come out of this?
At Amoria Bond, we believe that the more you put in, the more you will get out. Therefore it’s important to show us an excellent work ethic at your interview. We need to know that you’re proactive, dedicated and good at managing your time. So in an interview, you can expect us to ask you for:
• Examples of your hard work and commitment to achieve a goal.
• Examples of your excellent time management.
• The hours a week you are prepared to work and your flexibility.
I hope this short piece has been helpful to any potential new candidates. If you are considering joining us and would like any more advice on applying or interviewing, please drop me a message or get in touch with any of our friendly talent acquisition specialists who are all more than happy to help you prepare – remember, we don’t want to catch you out; we want to see your best self!
Amoria Bond is a proud winner of Talint International's “Best Recruitment Company To Work For” award two years running. Learn more about the great benefits and inclusive culture that makes us such a brilliant employer, and apply to join our teams today.